GENERAL RULES OF THE FACILITY
1. Individuals utilizing this facility do so at their own risk. The property owner(s), league operators, officers, owners, and staff of Wolf's INDOOR SOCCER (WIS) assume no liability for any injuries or accidents which may occur. Please reference Liability / Injury Waiver and Release Forms and signage posted within the facility.
2. Conduct within the facility should be in the spirit of good sportsmanship as is on the field. Please No Alcohol or Drug use prior to playing.
3. Should you find or lose
any items please report this immediately to the
4. NO alcohol, smoking, glass containers, or gum allowed in the arena.
5. NO food, drinks, spitting, or abusive language allowed on the Sporturf field.
6. All play must be conducted
as set forth in the
7. We reserve the right to refuse play and or service to anyone.
Objectives: We wish to encourage friendly competition between businesses, schools, municipalities, police and fire departments, church groups, schools, fraternities, sororities and other organizations.
Individuals or groups wishing to form special interest teams (including but not limited to physically and mentally challenged players) are encouraged to contact management for more information.
It is our sincere hope that all players and spectators enjoy our facility. Our facility is here for your enjoyment, if there is anything we can do to improve it, please let us hear from you. Your comments and suggestions are encouraged and appreciated.
SHOULD YOU HAVE ANY
QUESTIONS/ COMMENTS PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CONTACT US. ph770.427.0640 fax770.427.4294
* Information contained
herein is subject to change.
GUIDELINES AND POLICIES
*LIABILITY / INJURY WAIVER & RELEASE FORM: No individual will be allowed to participate in any league games, practice session, tournament, clinic, open pick-up game, or other activities until a release form has been properly completed and signed.
*LEAGUE REGISTRATION & FEES: A non-refundable deposit of $200 will secure a teams position in the league. A team fee will be refunded only if a team is not offered a position in a league / division determined to be appropriate for the team. Teams canceling within 10 days of the first game will forfeit their deposit. Registration must be paid in full before the first game is played. A $15 fine will apply for each week of delinquent payment. Teams dropping out of, or disqualified from a league will forfeit their registration fees. Existing teams may be given priority registration for the next scheduled season. Approximately 1 month before the next season, registration will be open to all new teams. Teams are registered on a first-come, first served basis. Teams with outstanding fees shall not be allowed to re-register until fees have been paid. Re-registering teams will be assigned to a division based upon availability and performance in past session(s).
*EQUIPMENT: Indoor turfs or flat soled soccer shoes are required (NO MOLDED OR SCREW-IN CLEATS). Teams MUST be dressed in matching colored jerseys (shirts). Teams are required to have alternate jerseys. Shin guards are required. Socks must cover shin guards at all times. Goalkeepers must have a different distinctive jersey.
*SPORTSMANSHIP: Individuals are expected to play under control and within the rules of the game, and to the best of their ability while avoiding causing injury to themselves and other persons using the facility.
*LEVELS OF COMPETITION: The
top three and bottom three teams in a division at the end of a session are
subject to promotion or relegation to another division.
LEAGUE AND PLAYER INFORMATION
RESPONSIBILITY: It is the team managers responsibility
to be aware of the guidelines, policies, and rules of
*PLAYER ROSTERS: Player rosters must be turned in prior to the First League Game. Changes will be permitted prior to the THIRD (3rd) GAME. All players must play in at least one of the first three games to be eligible for the season. Failure to comply will result in forfeiture of all games played with illegal player(s). A player may only be added later if a player is injured and removed from the roster for the remainder of the season. Proof of injury must be provided. Acceptable proof shall be a doctor's note. No players may be added after the 6th week of the season.
At the discretion of management, a team may add one player for a fee of $25.00.
*INDIVIDUAL PLAYER DIVISIONAL
PARTICIPATION: Players may only be on one roster in a given division and
league. Players may participate in more than one division and league. A lower
division team may not field more than four (4) players from an upper
division(s). Players must be able to provide proof of identification on
*RED CARD POLICY: A player or coach sent off in (or after) a game by a referee (red carded) will automatically be suspended from the next game-day in the season. In addition, a player will be banned from playing on any other team until the suspension has been served. If a player is ejected in the last game of a season (he/she) will be prohibited from playing in the first game after he/she registers for another season.
· A player or coach red carded for the offense of "foul and abusive language" will be suspended as outlined above.
· A player red carded for the offense of "persistent infraction of the rules after receiving a 2nd caution (yellow card) will be suspended as outlined above.
· A player or coach red carded for the offense of “violent conduct" (including, but not limited to: spitting, threatening, continued rough play, etc.) will be suspended as outlined above and, in addition, will be suspended for one additional game and subject to further disciplinary action as decided by the facility management.
· A player accumulating a second red card over a one year period will be suspended for a minimum of 2 games and will be fined $35.
· A player accumulating three red cards over a one year period will be banned from WIS.
· Any player receiving a red card must come in the office and have their photo taken for the record. Any player refusing to have their photo taken will be subject to additional suspension and a fine.
· A players suspension does not start until after their photo has been taken.
ALL RED CARDS ARE SUBJECT
TO A FINE.
· A player or coach red carded for "assaulting an official"* will be suspended from any further activities at WIS.
* An "Assault on an Official" shall be defined as an attempt to commit a battery upon an official; and an act which is close to accomplishment shall be sufficient to constitute an assault upon an official. Local authorities will be notified.
· Any player or coach who accumulates three cautions (yellow cards) during league matches per session will be suspended as outlined above.
· Should a coach of a team be unable to control a player’s actions after a red card is issued, the coach will also be suspended as outlined above.
· "Bench Clearing" - If any player enters the field to break up or participate in a fight, the Team will be fined $50. Fines must be paid prior to a team continuing the season schedule. Team will then be put on a probationary status.
· Team Probation - Any incident for a two month period, major or minor, will be grounds for dismissal from play. No refund
· If for any reason an
*YELLOW CARD POLICY: A player receiving a yellow card must sit out for 2 minutes. The team must play short a player for those 2 minutes. (Giving the other team a "power play" advantage) If the team is scored upon, then they may add a player and play full strength. However, the player receiving the yellow card must remain out for the full 2 minutes.
*FIGHTING: “ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY” Anyone fighting will be ejected and suspended for a minimum of 2 games and up to permanently. Anyone threatening or stalking another player, coach, staff, official or spectator will also be ejected, and reported to the local authorities.
*LEAGUE STANDINGS POINT SYSTEM:
Win = 10 points
Tie = 5 points
Loss = 0 points
Shutout = 1 point
Goals = 1 point per goal up to a max of 4 points
League games that end in a tie score after regulation play shall remain a tie game.
Playoff games ending in a tie will go directly to Penalty Kicks. (See PENALTY KICKS)
*LEAGUE DIVISIONS TIES: Any league divisions ending in a tie at the end of the league season shall be governed by the following tie breaking system order:
(1st) Winner of head to head competition during season.
(2nd) Comparison of most "goals for" during the season.
(3rd) Comparison of least "goals against" during the season.
(4th) Rock, paper, scissors... best 2 out of 3.
*GAME DAYS: Primary game days are assigned to divisions. Divisions may be assigned to play on alternate game days depending upon; the length of the session, the number of teams participating, and recognized holidays over the course of a session. The following holidays will be recognized: New Years day, Easter, July 4th, Thanksgiving Thursday and Friday, Christmas Eve, Christmas and the week between Christmas and New Years Eve. Divisions may be assigned to play on any other day(s).
*GAME SCHEDULE & MAKE-UP GAMES: The team requesting to re-schedule a match must request a re-schedule in writing one week prior to subject game and submit a fee of $25.00; Failure to do so will result in the game being forfeited. If a team is unable to play a scheduled game the opposing team may choose to accept a 4-0 forfeit. If both teams agree to a make-up, they will be offered possible times from the facility management office. It will be the team managers or representatives’ responsibility to coordinate and select one of the available times. (See FORFEITURES). There will be no re-schedules of an already re-scheduled game. Web schedules are to be used as a reference. Changes may occur from time to time. The arena shall maintain the most current official game schedules.
*TERMINATION OF PARTICIPATION: The facility management reserves the right to terminate an individual's and team's participation at the facility for violation of the facility policies.
*FORFEITURES: Forfeiture will be incurred if a team has failed to field the minimum number of players within four (4) minutes into the game, or with minutes remaining in the first half. If minimum # of players is not met at game start time, the game clock will start and a goal will be awarded for the opposing team for each minute that passes where the team does not have enough players. When four goals are scored this way, the game will officially be considered a forfeit, and the game clock will stop. If a team can field 4 players within the time grace period, then the official will ask the other team captain if they choose to accept the goals acquired in this manner. It will be recommended to start at 0-0, but not mandatory. Management will have the final decision.
A team forfeiting a game(s) during any one season will be subject to the following fines:
1st Forfeit - $15.00 fine
2nd Forfeit - $30.00 fine
3rd Forfeit - Termination of team participation from the season and loss of re-registration priority.
Fines for forfeitures must be paid prior to a team continuing the season schedule. Teams incurring forfeitures during a season shall not be eligible for registration discount in the following season.
- If both teams forfeit, then no points will be awarded.
*PROTEST: Intention to file a
protest must be noted in writing immediately following the game. A formal
written protest with a $20.00 fee (refundable if upheld), must be submitted to
*FIRST AID: The facility has a limited first-aid kit. It shall be the responsibility of each team to maintain their own first-aid kit for treatment of their players.
RULES OF THE GAME (A condensed version will be posted at the arena)
*THE FIELD OF PLAY
1. Dimensions: Field measures 180' x 80'
1. Size 5 soccer balls will be used for all adult games as well as Under 14 through Under 18 boys and girls.
2. Size 4 balls will be used for all youth games Under 12.
*NUMBER OF PLAYERS
1. Six players, one of whom shall be a goalkeeper.
2. Minimum of FOUR players needed to start and continue a game.
3. Team roster is limited to 12 players.
4. Coed teams must have 2 females on the field. (Female goalkeeper counts)
5. Coed team will play a player short if minimum # of females are not on the field.
6. If minimum # of players is not met at game start time, the game clock will start and a goal will be awarded for the opposing team for each minute that passes where the team does not have enough players. When four goals are scored this way, the game will officially be considered a forfeit, and the game clock will stop.
1. Players must dress in matching jerseys.
2. Shin guards are mandatory and must be totally covered by socks.
3. Only flat soled or turf shoes designed for indoor artificial surfaces may be used (no studded/screw-in shoes).
4. Goalkeepers must wear colors which distinguish them from all other players and referees.
*DURATION OF GAME
1. A game shall be played in two equal halves of 24 minutes each.
2. A half time interval shall be 2 minutes.
3. The clock shall only be stopped for serious injuries.
4. During playoffs only, a tie will be decided by penalty kicks. See Penalty Kicks.
5. Time will be extended for the taking of a penalty kick.
6. Duration of Playoff games may be shortened. Refer to schedule.
*START OF PLAY
1. Kick-off will be given to the home team. Visitors will have kick off at the start of the second half.
2. A kick off will start the game and restart the game after a goal has been scored.
3. Teams will change direction at half time and alternate kick off.
4. A goal can be scored directly from a kickoff.
5. The ball does not have to go forward from a kickoff.
6. Player has 5 seconds to put ball back into play.
1. Outdoor FIFA rules apply when passing back to the goalkeeper.
2. Goalkeeper may slide tackle only if the ball is inside the penalty box.
3. Goalkeeper may not punt or drop-kick the ball.
4. Goalkeeper may not throw the ball over the midfield line in the air. The ball must touch a player or the ground before crossing midfield line.
1. Free unlimited substitutions during play:
2. Substituting players must enter/ exit within 3 yards of the midfield line by "tagging" in and out.
3. Any player may change places with the goalkeeper, provided that the referee is informed before the change is made, and provided also that the change is made during a stoppage of the game.
4. Substitute players are to remain in the player bench area.
5. A player receiving a yellow card must Sit Out for 2 minutes, and the team must play a man down. The opposing team will be given a "power play" advantage.
*OUT OF BOUNDS
1. The ball is out of play when the entire ball crosses the sideline/ end line, or contacts the overhead netting.
2. A throw-in, corner kick, or goal kick will be awarded when the ball goes out of bounds.
3. A throw-in may not go directly in to the goal.
4. When the ball hits the ceiling net, the ball will be placed on the dot in the center of the half, from where the ball was last played.
5. Player has 5 seconds to put ball back into play.
1. FIFA soccer rules apply to all infractions, including but not limited to: kicking, pushing, tripping, hand balls, etc...
2. No Sliding - Sliding will be defined as anything other than the feet touching the ground.
3. Goalkeepers may slide inside the penalty box.
1. The following apply to all restarts:
· All free kicks are direct
· Ball is in play when it moves from foot contact from the initial player
· Opposing players shall be 5 yards (15 feet) from the ball
· Player taking a kick cannot play it again until someone else touches the ball
· If an opponent refuses to move back 5 yards (15 ft) on referee's request, he may be given a yellow card for unsportsmanlike behavior
· If a player taking the kick delays for longer than five (5) seconds after having been signaled to do so by the referee, the opposing team will be awarded the kick.
*PENALTY KICKS (SHOOT OUT)
1. If necessary, time shall be extended at the end of each period to allow the taking of a penalty kick.
2. The ball shall be placed at the spot on the top of the goalkeeper's area.
3. Only the goalkeeper is allowed in the penalty area.
4. In the event of a tie (during playoffs only), penalty kicks will be taken (no overtime). Winner will be decided by the best team out of 4 kicks. If still tied after both teams have taken 4 kicks, then additional players will take the kicks in a sudden death kick off. Only players that were on the field at the end of the game will be allowed to participate.
1. Coed teams must have 2 females on the field at all times (female goalkeeper counts).
2. Female goal equals 2 points.
3. Coed team will play a player short if minimum # of females are not on the field.
4. "Own goals" will count as one point only.